3.17.2015

London, baby!

Hellooooo from London! I’ve been here for 2 days now, living this crazy hectic busy life. I left Amsterdam on Monday and a taxi, a plane, a train, a metro and another train later I arrived at my agency here in London, Leni’s. Of course I had this super heavy suitcase which I had to run all over town with (after all these years I still can’t manage to bring less stuff with me...). 

Anyways, I met all the nice bookers at Leni’s and collected my sedcards (they’re like business cards for models, with contact details from your agency and some of your photos and your measurements). Unfortunately there was little time to talk, because I had three castings to go to. Leaving my heavy suitcase at the agency, I bought an English simcard and headed to my castings. After a really busy day rushing all over the city, I arrived at the apartment, which I share with my friend Julia Wieczorek. It was really nice seeing her again after a couple of months, so we had lots of fun catching up.


This morning I woke up at 7.15 am. I jumped into the shower and after I chatted to Julia while eating our favorite breakfast – oatmeal with banana, raisins and cinnamon. The perfect breakie to get ready for a busy day of castings! It was pretty cold outside, so I made sure I dressed up warmly before I took the bus to my first casting. At that casting I bumped into Michelle Zwaal, a Dutch friend of mine who happened to work there that day. What a small world! In the afternoon I had two more castings and went to the agency to chat with the bookers and have some polaroids taken. By then it was 2.30 pm already and I was starving, so I grabbed a healthy almond flour curry wrap at this cute little market nearby the agency. Although I try to eat lunch between 1-2 pm, being a model it’s basically impossible to maintain a daily routine. It's difficult to plan as it depends on what time and how busy castings are or when the client wants to have a lunch break.

Back in my flat I washed the city off my face and put on comfy pants and a warm sweater. I crashed on the couch; both exhausted and satisfied, with a big cup of green tea to write this story for my blog. Then I FaceTimed with my boyfriend, who is unfortunately back home in Amsterdam. After dinner I relaxed and laughed a lot with Julia. Now I just got organized for another busy day of castings tomorrow. Good night!


Michelle & me
Almond flour wrap
Working on my blog



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten