3.24.2015

Coffee please!

English tea? No, thanks. Seriously, I wouldn’t have survived last week without coffee. After my last post I’ve still been crazy busy. I’ve been doing lots of castings, one job and two tests with cool photographers. A very busy life I’ve been living here so far, but (next to coffee) the city of London gives me loads of energy!





Sometimes models get free lunch, dinner or drinks at particular places. In London the W Hotel offers a free lunch for models if you’ve got a member card. Normally I never use this free model stuff, but since London is so expensive (4 pounds for a coffee! Whhaaatt?!), I thought; a free lunch never hurt anyone! So Julia and I went to the W and ordered a caesar salad. A model lunch it was indeed. So far my attempt to save some money; after these couple of leaves I needed more food to still my hunger. But only after we took some fun polaroids in the hotel!




Last Friday was the kind of day that I should’ve stayed in bed all day. I got the news from my mother agency that a really good option for a job got cancelled, so I was kind of grumpy all day. Julia and I made plans to have dinner and go out on Friday night and we were very excited to go. But, as I told before, you can never make plans if you’re a model. I got a phone call from my agency in London that I had a test the next day early in the morning. Being professional, I decided not to go out and instead go to bed early. If only I knew in advance I would be wide awake until 3 am…

At 7 am that morning my alarm woke me up. I went to the test, tired as fuck and looking like hell. So on my way to the shoot I picked up a delicious cappuccino, which gave me the energy to be my best in front of the camera. The test turned out to be with a very young, cool photographer. She was really cool and I can’t wait to see the results! Hopefully she’ll edit the pictures a bit to make the bags under my eyes disappear ;-) This shoot actually gave me a lot of energy to enjoy the rest of my Saturday! I went to town with Julia and walked around. Because I’ve been so busy all week, I didn’t go to the gym at all. On Saturday I finally had some “me-time” so then I went. I felt great after a good run and some weight training!
The Big Ben
Working it!


Behind the scenes of one of my tests


















Yesterday I had my first job in London; I shot e-commerce for New Look. It was a nice team to work with and with the loud music in the studio my working day was over before I knew it.

On Thursday I’ll probably fly back to Amsterdam for a couple of days because I have an option there. Yaaayyy! I’m super excited to see my man for a bit and to sleep in my own bed for a few days. Sooo, fingers crossed and hope that I book the job!

x

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten